Premier league doctors not happy with football resumption as fear of players contracting coronavirus
Football has been suspended since March and various plans are being discussed on how and when the game should be restarted. It is highly likely that “Project Restart” will be adopted, where the games are to be played on neutral grounds by June.
But the doctors are expressing their concerns and have written a letter to the Premier Leagues medical advisers.
Some of the questions raised in the 100-point letter were
- · Death threat
- Liability of doctors in the event that a player contracts a coronavirus
- Player test
- Transmission of the virus through sweat
- Transmission of the virus through the goalkeeper’s gloves
- Increase the risk for minority groups
- Increase risks for employees
- Emergency meetings to be able to attend the training grounds
Premier League medics have been invited and asked to raise concerns about the game’s return.
Most clubs have started their training while waiting for the restart date which was originally June 12th. But as the teams wanted 4 weeks of training to get the players back into shape and fitness, it looks like the restart dates could be changed.
However, other leagues in Europe like Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 are training.