How Dream 11 makes money – The Dream 11 business model


Like many other Indians, have you ever thought about how Dream 11 makes money? What is Dream 11’s revenue model?

In 2008 when the Indian Premier League was launched it was like an event never seen before in Indian cricket history. With the start of IPL, another fantasy sport named Dream 11 also started its adventure in 2009. This fantasy sport was started by two childhood friends and cricket enthusiasts, Bhavit Sheth and Harsh Jain. They started the business with the belief that the fantasy sports league can be successful in a country where cricket is considered a religion. In this article, we will take a look at how Dream 11 is making money in India.

The idea to launch Dream11 came in 2008, which was IPL’s first year. At that time, Harsh, who was familiar with EPL fantasy football, started looking for a similar platform to play fantasy cricket in India. However, he was shocked after finding out that India lacked such fantastic games even after seeing cricket as a religion.

So, after finding a new niche, Harsh began his fantasy league-building quest for India, which ultimately laid the foundation stone for Dream 11, the fantasy league with Bhavit. Soon the two started experimenting with Dream 11 and found a perfect product for the Indian market in 2012. Since then, Dream 11, the fantasy league has grown into the largest fantasy sports games platform in India. This fantastic sport currently features cricket, football, basketball and Kabaddi.

However, we will only be talking about how the Dream 11 fantasy cricket league app is making money in India.

This year itself Dream Sports, which is the parent company of Dream 11 raised $ 225 million in its last round of funding. This new funding has also helped the company, which loves to call itself an “ end-to-end technology company, ” to reach a valuation of $ 2.5 billion.

Currently, the company has over 10 crore fans and investors, making it the biggest fantasy game in India. However, with so much valuation and user base, people across the country were eager to find out how dream 11 is making money.

How to play Dream 11 Fantasy Cricket

In order to know how Dream 11 is making money in India, first you need to know that how to play Dream 11 fantasy cricket, you need to create a Dream 11 account on the app or on the website. the next step is to create a team. Each user gets 100 credit points for creating a team, and a total of 11 players of the 11 players must be chosen. The 11 players should include the following categories;

  • Wicket keeper (1-2)
  • Beaters (3-5)
  • Allrounders (1-3)
  • Bowlers (3-5)

To play Dream 11 Fantasy Cricket, one can easily see player information, required credit and point total in the app itself. You can add a player to your dream team based on their stats and the probability of winning.

In order to earn money with Dream 11, the user must choose a captain and a vice captain for the team. Please note that the captain scores 2x points for the user and the vice captain scores 1.5x points.

Users can also create several teams, which increases the chances of winning. Also, it should be noted that users can make changes to their teams until the match deadline is reached.

Now with all of this, you might be wondering how does Dream 11 make money in India? Or what is Dream 11’s revenue model in India?

Dream 11’s (Business) Income Model / How Dream 11 Makes Money

As already stated, when it was launched, Dream 11 was a completely new concept in the world of Indian cricket. There were no Indian fantastic sports available until Dream 11. So he helped the company drive massive traffic to their website which also helped people make money. However, for many a major question is how does Dream 11 make money in India?

The Dream 11 app charges a registration fee to users when they join a contest. From now on, 20% of the costs are deducted from the commission and the remaining 80% is distributed among the winners of a match. For example, if there are 10 users and Dream 11 charges 100 for each, the total amount is 1000. So 20% of 1000 equals 200, which adds to the income of Dream 11 owners and the rest 800 is distributed among the winners.

This is how Dream 11 makes money in India.

So if you want to make money fast and have some knowledge of cricket, football, basketball or Kabaddi, you can start playing Dream 11. Even if you don’t have much knowledge in these sports, you may then enter free competitions to hone your skills. And, don’t worry, Dream 11 is completely legit, I have played several games myself and won over 5000 Indian rupees.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *