How to Balance and Heal the Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra: Manipura
- The solar plexus chakra is located in the stomach area just above our navel.
- The solar plexus symbolizes our power.
- This chakra exemplifies our willpower and control
- We can invoke bravery from this chakra when balanced and healed.
- This chakra gives us the impulse to rise in occasions, or speak up for ourselves.
- This chakra emphasizes our creativity, personality, and our ego.
When the solar plexus becomes blocked, or damaged, or it is overactive an imbalance occurs. Here are some symptoms of an imbalanced solar plexus chakra
- a victim mentality- this can occur when the solar plexus chakra is blocked.
- Power trip- when the solar plexus is overactive, it can cause an individual to become egotistical and to belittle others.
- Inadequacy- the individual may feel inadequate from a damaged solar plexus
- Stomach issues- when a solar plexus is imbalanced, it can cause a person to have gastrointestinal issues, or disease in the stomach area.
- When a chakra is damaged, an individual may feel the need to allow others to take our power and control
- Anxiety and fear can come from this area, especially due to external factors.
Additional symptoms can occur when the solar plexus chakra is imbalanced are as follows:
- Feeling nervous
- Lack of purpose.
When our solar plexus is balanced we experience feelings of:
- Personal Power
Here are some examples of yoga poses that you can practice to create balance and restoration in your solar plexus chakra:
Gomukasana– Cow Pose
Paripuna Navasana– Boat Pose
Ardha matysyendrasana– sitting spinal twist
Dhanurasana– Bow Pose
Stones Associated with the Solar Plexus
Topaz: It’s no surprise that Topaz can assist with activating your solar plexus chakra. Topaz helps you to balance out all of the disproportionate energy you are feeling. Topaz is also known to bring love and fortune in to your life. Topaz can help you digest easily not only physically, but it can help you digest and banish negative thought process.
Yellow Tourmaline: This crystal can be utilized to cut away negative blocks of energy such as stress, depression, hopelessness, grief, and helplessness the yellow tourmaline is associated with the solar plexus because it has the ability to compartmentalize the masculine and feminine energies and to assist with cutting away the negativity.
Citrine: The citrine stone is one of my favorite stones to work with. In addition to balancing the solar plexus chakra when used during meditation, the citrine stone can be used to attract abundance. Placing them in different areas of the home can attract abundance, movement, and productivity.
Essential oils that balance the Solar Plexus chakra
Juniper: This essential oil is often used for giving massages because it helps with digestion and detoxing of ailments. Juniper is known for clearing out the blockages from the solar plexus chakra.
Sage: This essential oil is very good for relieving stress and promoting relaxation when it is inhaled. Sage is a great essential oil to use when you need to ground. It is also said to alleviate stomach pain and stomach cramps.
Geranium: This essential oil has been used for centuries because of it’s medicinal effects. Geranium is also known to aide pain and assist with grounding and relaxation.
Foods you can eat to help balance your Solar Plexus chakra
Some of the foods that promote a healthy sacral chakra include:
- sunflower seeds
Meditation techniques to heal your Solar Plexus Chakra
When my solar plexus chakra feels imbalanced, I like to imagine I am standing on a mountain by a fire. I imagine writing all of the things that are overpowering me at that time. Money, relationships, work tasks, situations, etc. I write it all down and I throw it into the fire. You can also write down these things in a journal and just rip it up if you don’t feel like imagining it.
Once I am done envisioning this, I notice that I feel much better and I am able to go about my day without worrying so much.
Affirmations to balance and heal the sacral chakra:
- I am the creator of my own reality
- I have things under control
- My power is my birthright
- I have a purpose in the world
By practicing and incorporating these methods when your solar plexus feels imbalanced or off, you will notice that you feel more balanced and more in control of your life.
Click here to learn more about the author.
Pin this for later! Click the upper left corner to pin.