The seven-year itch …
They say our lives unfold in seven year cycles, and there have certainly been times that have been true for me.
Consider the following chapters of my life:
- I went to the same youth group and the same church for 7 years, starting at 16 (until I got married at 23 and moved across town);
- I was a stay-at-home mom for 7 years;
- worked in my last job for 7 years;
- ran Footprints Magazine for 14 years (2 x 7 so that still counts!);
- After 7 years of running my Front Page Web Writing business as a solopreneur, I am now in the process of expanding my team – and also rebranding to Front Page SEO, to more accurately reflect the type of work I’m into. specialized.
- and, I’ve been blogging as a middle aged mom for 7 years.
Yes, this time seven years ago I founded Middle Aged Mama.
At the time, I was in my 40s (so firmly in middle-aged territory) and still had two teenagers at home, which meant being a mom was a big part of who I was.
I wanted to proudly display the banner for middle aged women everywhere, and show that we are not ready to be grazed… That it is a stage in life that has many opportunities and joys, in addition to the middle aged moans which tend to be much more common!
But… it’s time.
Time to change.
Don’t worry, I’ll still blog! It’s almost as necessary to my health and well-being as breathing LOL.
But I am ready to blog as ME.
Not as a representative of a particular age group, or in a particular niche. Just me, talking to you, about whatever pleases me. And despite my “ day job ” as an SEO specialist, I don’t particularly care if that doesn’t rank my personal thoughts in Google and the like. As long as my readers continue to enjoy it.
I even have a new blog name ready: Janetti Spaghetti. Do you like to? Again, it’s based on a nickname given to me by my kids (now adults). It beautifully expresses a lot about me:
- my first name: Janet;
- my last name: I am married to a man of Italian / Maltese origin;
- the fact that I’m making awesome spaghetti;
- and it’s a little fun!
I think I’ll keep middle-aged Mama live and even be able to post here every now and then. But all in all, I think it’s time for something new.
The wheels are moving, and I’ll let you know once it’s ready to tip!
Will you come follow me to janettispaghetti.com?!