There is more to life than being stuck at your desk in front of your screen. It might sound weird coming from me, but it really is!
These days I work around 30-35 hours / week. With running 2 companies I think it’s pretty decent.
I spend the rest of my time with my son. Once he falls asleep (around 8-9 p.m.), I read, educate myself, and still focus primarily on topics related to my business. However, these after-work activities come from CHOICE.
You see I really love what I do, so reading marketing, business, and personal growth books is my pleasure. I feel like my goal here is to turn those 30 hours into 15 hours or even less, so that I can spend even more time learning new things and later adapting them to my business.
I believe that entrepreneurship comes with endless learning which, in my opinion, is a better gift. However, that wouldn’t be possible if my days consisted of working 10 hours a day answering emails and doing client work. I know 100% that after days like this I would feel exhausted and unable to pick up a book.
Here’s why a few years ago, I made a commitment to work on passively giving back the majority of my income. I decided that I wanted to make money while sleeping and focus on my life. I want to be present in my child’s life and give myself enough time to learn, grow and explore.
This is how my journey started:
- I have increased the prices of my custom projects and only take a few clients a year.
- I have improved my product descriptions so that customers can easily manage them after downloads.
- I focused on selling WordPress Themes which allows me to serve thousands of creators with a minimum of interaction.
- I hired a developer, a VA, a graphic designer to work with me on my products + content creation.
- I created a downloadable digital product (aka my planner package) which has now been downloaded by hundreds of customers. It’s so easy to use that I didn’t need to work on customer service until now.
- I plan to launch 5 more digital products for my blog this year and 3 new themes.
- I’ve changed my mind – I don’t think I’m the only one who can do things right anymore. I respect my team and allow them to develop my brand for me.
- I use affiliate links wherever possible so I am ordered if anyone buys through my link.
- I expanded my presence and uploaded my products to external marketplaces like Creative Market, Etsy, etc.
- I say NO to opportunities that take too long.
Hope this gives you a better idea of how to make money while sleeping! Work less, live more, that’s my motto for 2021!