The only thing I always and most of the time I check on a trip is how much I am spending on that trip. No, I don’t stop myself from shopping in the local market or eating in a lavish restaurant and even staying in a decent hotel. But, it is important to plan your travel budget in advance, rather than doing it after the trip is over.
So on one of my Budget trips that turned into an involuntary luxury trip, I have lessons for you that you need to pay attention to.
IF YOU THINK THAT HOW TRAVEL BLOGGERS SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON TRAVEL, THEN YOU NEED TO KNOW “THEY KNOW IT” TRAVEL HACKS“
Especially when traveling in a group, these courses will save you money on a budget trip
- Decide in advance how much you need to spend on a trip.
- Allocate the amount for food, accommodation, transportation and shopping
- Transfer the whole amount to one person and not spend a single penny on this trip
- Record each past day
- Use apps like Split -wise (I don’t prefer it because it sometimes does some math errors)
- Remember not to spend too much on a restaurant or on a single piece of art
- Travel by public transport instead of private cars
How to travel on a budget while taking a solo trip?
- Travel by bus while saving a lot of money compared to private cars.
- Try hitchhiking
- Stay in hostels and dorms like Hostel-world, Mustache, etc
- Try host families
- Eat local street food
How to make an economical trip with the family?
While traveling with your, it becomes difficult to set a budget. However, it is essential not to burn your pockets.
- For stays, request a Standard Deluxe Suite with an extra bed (for a family of four). Believe me it saves money
- If you are staying in a cottage, eat in the kitchen of the house. Like this you will be able to taste the local food and save some money
- Set aside a day or two for shopping. So that you don’t end up just shopping while traveling on a budget with your family.
- If you are going to a Beach or Hill station, rent bikes for at least a day and visit the local market on the same.
HAVE A NICE TRIP!
AND DON’T FORGET TO PLAN YOUR TRAVEL INADVANCE
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: