International shoe maker Adidas has caught the internet’s attention with a bizarre trend known as ‘baguette sneakers’. Created in collaboration with Estonian rapper Tommy Cash, they are one-meter sneakers or extra-long sneakers. The trend went viral as soon as the rapper shared a few photos on his social media.
Tommy Cash wears the “world’s longest shoes” in two of his Instagram posts. The trend is all the more bizarre as the pair of shoes includes a black shoe and a white one. These shoes have at least 40 rows of lace holes to keep the shoes secure to the feet.
A Twitter user named Pop Base shared the footage, saying, “Adidas unveils its longest shoes ever, in collaboration with Tommy Cash.” This was followed by several retweets and a discussion between Twitterati about the wacky trend.
Adidas unveils its longest shoes of all time, in collaboration with Tommy Cash. pic.twitter.com/cy4Af4LswK
– Base pop (@PopBase) March 2, 2021
Internet users got some really fun take on the trend. From the longer life of the graphic to the weapon of choice for mothers to upgrade, here’s how netizens responded:
Now that’s a take
It’s longer than life lasts over the life of the chart
– MR FUTURE NOSTALGIA (@mikeIipa) March 2, 2021
Why does Adidas sell chopsticks?
I can’t even lift my toes to walk with them
– ev⁷ YOONGI MONTH (@peachywithluv) March 2, 2021
How do we walk in there, hmm
You don’t walk with that, just skating
– Papa Jack, E. and CHS ➐ 🇰🇪 (@JackExtraDipity) March 3, 2021
How am I supposed to walk in these
– Ayọ̀olùwànimì (@TheAyoSamuel) March 3, 2021
What are these sneakers even?
This is why the world does not healpic.twitter.com/VkXQaRCVtt
– 𝚊́𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚜 ♧ ︎ 💛💛 ⁰³²⁷ (@LisVoodoo) March 3, 2021
Really thought it was a joke when I first saw them but it’s TRUE
– Xigbar Fizzlebeef (@ZacRulzOK) March 2, 2021
it’s so stupid and i hate that i know people will buy it pic.twitter.com/1OB1NPLzXo
– Ari⁷☀️ (@joons_Iight) March 2, 2021
Perfect punishment for my child
* my child spoils *
Me: unlace and put on my wand shoes, it’s your punishment.
– Skeptical Believer (@OlaniyiIbnOdin) March 3, 2021
Mom’s weapon of choice just got upgraded
Mom’s weapon of choice just got an upgrade ☠️ https://t.co/zscaL6V0YT
– maurrice (@ 1Cheilo) March 3, 2021