Good health is a balanced combination of good nutrition and regular physical activity. Many health problems that people face today are due to an imbalance between these two factors. Neither fancy diets nor excessive time spent sweating can ensure strength and immunity. A good lifestyle that heavily emphasizes exercise and nutrition is the need of the hour.
I went through a huge weight loss transformation recently and I am a strong advocate of a healthy lifestyle. I achieved the desired results by consuming nutritious foods and making time for fitness in my daily routine. Let’s see how to build muscle in India so that you can do it too. It is not difficult and should be a priority for every adult who wants to lead a long and healthy life.
Do what you can, there is no alternative to exercise. Any form of physical activity that continues for a certain period of time can only benefit you in one way or another. Instead of waiting for drastic results, focus on the immediate effects and you will be pleasantly surprised.
- Exercise releases happy hormones like endorphins and dopamine which help relieve pain and stress. It gives you an instant feeling of gratification and happiness often referred to as the “ workout high. ” 1
- We lose muscle mass as we age. Strength training not only helps you gain muscle mass, but also strengthens your bones. Body strength gained through exercise and nutrition in the form of high-energy foods are long-term sustainable choices. 2
- Natural antioxidants produced during exercise can reverse the effects of aging skin. Exercise is relaxing and also induces deep sleep. So, you see, restful sleep isn’t just a fancy term. 2
Healthy eating is the most important part of a healthy lifestyle. Eating for food or eating because you are bored is a conscious choice. Exercise and nutrition go hand in hand, let us slip and your efforts may not pay off.
- Never skip breakfast and while you’re at it, make it royal. A healthy breakfast maintains your metabolism and energy levels throughout the day. 3 Additionally, snack on something every 3-4 hours for the same reason.
- Foods rich in fiber are extremely important in your diet. They help regulate sugar levels, promote healthy digestion, reduce the risk of colon cancer, and are good for heart health. Lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans and fruits like bananas, pears, raspberries, etc. are rich in fiber.
- If you exercise, take it regularly protein, calcium, vitamin D and other essential micronutrients is necessary to provide the necessary strength and nourishment for your body. Supplements, if any, should be taken with professional advice. 4 I recently came across Insured by Abbott. It helps you improve your muscle and bone strength and boosts your immunity.
- To show creativity! Being vegetarian, vegan, or on a diet is no excuse to limit your food choices or adventures. Put on your apron, roll up your sleeves and throw in something good, maybe a salad (or bake a cake, if it’s your cheat day!)?
Strengthening exercises and healthy eating are the two pillars on which your health is built and from which it draws support and nourishment. Together, they are your best bet for a better future. Love yourself, respect your body and show that you care by giving time and consideration to its needs. It’s the only one you have, after all! #StrengthToLiveNonStop