8 places to travel in India during the summer season
As we move into the month of April, we await the bounty of the sun (and man-made climate change). voluntary pun. I am talking about the summer season in India, which starts from April and lasts until June or July. The worst summers are experienced in the state of Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Kerala, Karnataka and MP and many more. But to escape this heat, I bring you a list of super cool places that you can visit in India in summer season with family or friends or solo.
Captivating places to travel in India during the summer season
Escape the scorching sun by planning a trip to Lonavala in the summer. Lonavala is covered with lush emerald landscapes, views of the fascinating Western Ghats and many attractions that give much needed relief from the hot and muggy weather of summer.
Why should you visit Lonavala in summer?
- It is one of the well known hill stations of Maharashtra
- There are some amazing resorts in Lonavala to relax and have some free time for a weekend
- Also there are stations that offer lots of adventure activities too
Kune Waterfalls, Aamby Valley, Lion’s Point, Tiger Leaping, Lonavala Lake, Bhaja Caves, Bhushi Dam, Karla Caves are some of the places you must visit in Lonavala
Kasol has gained popularity as a hippie destination in Himachal Pradesh. Also known as the Mini Israel of India, Kasol attracts many foreigners as well as young Indian students. Therefore, there are many cheap accommodation options available.
Why should you visit Kasol in summer in India?
- First, it has pleasant days and relatively cooler evenings
- The mountains surround Kasol and there are also forest trails for hiking
- In addition, there are many inexpensive accommodation options available for solo travelers in all budgets.
Yes, Goa is a destination which you can visit during the summer. Now, Goa isn’t just about beaches. It’s a place with really cool clubs, cafes and of course beautiful churches.
Why should you visit Goa India during the summer?
- The hotels have better deals.
- There is less people
- You can still bathe in the water and then relax in the bedroom
You must visit Arambol, Fontainhas, Panjim, Candolim, Titlies, Palolem, Butterfly Beach in Goa
Kodaikanal is well known for its pleasant climate, mist covered hills, cloud covered mountains and picturesque valleys and lakes. It sits at an elevation of about 2,100 meters above sea level on the south side of the Palani Hills in Tamil Nadu.
Why should you visit Kodaikanal in South India during the summer?
- In May, this hill station offers a cool breeze that refreshes your mind and body
- You can rent a duplet bike and take a ride
- Long-term accommodation is affordable, especially for large families, as there are a lot of large cabins for rent in this city.
Some of the places you must visit near Kodaikannal in South India in summer are Lake Kodaikanal, Silver Cascade Falls, Bryant Park, Dolphins Nose, Green Valley View, Kodaikanal Solar Observatory, Thalaiyar Falls, among others.
Gokarna – the relatively quieter cousin of Goa is another great option for an extended stay in the western part of India. It is less frequented and less explored
Why should you visit Gokarna in South West India in the summer?
- Although the weather regime is almost identical in Goa, it is relatively calm as it has yet to manage to attract many tourists.
- The city has a beautiful coastline.
- Kudle and Om Beach even offer motorboat rides.
When you are in Gokarna, be sure to visit Kumta, Kudle, Om Beach, Yellapur, Karwar, Jog Falls, Murudeshwar, Sirsi
Munnar is at an altitude of around 1500-2000 meters above sea level and was the summer capital of the British in southern India. Also known as Kashmir of Kerala, Munnar is a great place to visit all year round.
Why should you visit Munnar in India?
- In May the days are a bit warm but you may need a light jacket in the early morning and evening
- The tea and homemade chocolates produced here will surely impress you
- There are plenty of cabins, resorts, home stays available for a comfortable stay.
You should also visit Blossom Park, TATA Tea Museum, Lakkom Waterfalls, Kundala Lake, Meesapulimala and Attukal Falls which are located in Munnar
This quaint town is a suburb of Dharmshala and is extremely popular with travelers who look forward to out-of-the-world experiences during the summer in India.
Why should you visit McleodGanj in summer?
- This place offers you some of the most affordable and exceptional accommodation
- It has wonderful restaurants and cafes, wonderful museums, temples and galleries, and inexpensive guided hikes.
Meesapulimala, Triund, Dharamkot, Tibetan Museum, Kangra Fort are some of the places that should not be forgotten to visit in Mcleodganj in summer in India
Follow us on these social media handles