3 gourmet recipes that will enhance your spring picnics
To inspire you to plan a fun day in the great outdoors, today’s entertaining guide features tips from a pro. To help you enhance your spring picnics and outdoor gatherings this season, here are 3 gourmet recipes from the celebrity caterer and event planner, Andrea Correale. Whether it’s a refreshing cocktail or star-shaped canapes in a kids’ club, your picnic guests will be delighted.
As founder and president of Elegant affairs, Andrea and her team are the main party planners from New York to the Hamptons. It is aimed at clients like Billie Eilish, Mariah Carey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alec Baldwin, and P. Diddy, among many others. Additionally, she has hosted a number of corporate events for Fortune 500 companies, so she has a deep understanding of the ins and outs of serving and satisfying picky eaters.
So if you’re looking to raise the bar at your next meeting, she’s the one to learn. And WThis Easter weekend and as National Picnic Day approaches, it’s a great time to pack a picnic basket, grab a blanket and hit the beach.
Gourmet recipes for spring picnics
- 10 ounces of frozen raspberries, lightly thawed
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1 bottle of prosecco
- 1 liter of ginger ale
- Fresh mint
- Fresh raspberries
- Ice cream
1. Place the lightly thawed raspberries in the bottom of a pitcher.
2. Add the light rum, prosecco and ginger to the pitcher and stir to combine.
3. Place the ice in a cocktail glass, pour the cocktail and garnish each glass with fresh mint and fresh raspberries on top.
Star shaped mini club sofas
(Makes 12 min)
- 8 slices of white country bread
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise (made from avocado oil)
- ½ lb of honey glazed ham (thin slices)
- ½ lb of prosciutto
- ½ havarti cheese with dill
- ½ lb smoked gouda cheese
- Parsley petals (for garnish)
- 12 quarter lemon slices (for garnish)
- 12 toothpicks
1. Lightly toast each piece of bread until golden brown.
2. On a clean work surface, the 8 slices of bread. Distribute the mayonnaise evenly over all the slices of bread.
3. On two of the slices, layer two slices of prosciutto and 2 slices of Dill Havarti cheese. Top each slice with another piece of toast. Put aside.
4. With the remaining 4 slices of bread, make 2 more sandwiches using 2 slices of honey glazed ham and 2 slices of gouda.
5. Using a small star shaped cookie cutter, begin to carefully cut out the star shapes. You should be able to get 3 stars for each sandwich.
6. Garnish each star with a parsley petal and a lemon wedge.
7. Insert a toothpick into each star and enjoy!
Mason Jar Salad Shakers with Dressing Dropper
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ¼ of shredded cabbage
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, cut into thin rings
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
1. Combine the grated carrots, cucumber, cabbage and green onions.
2. Combine sesame oil, wine vinegar and honey. Mix until combined.
3. Fill the droppers with the sesame dressing. 4. Fill cups or bowls with salad with a dropper for guest to add as needed.
For easier and effortless recipe ideas, check out the Entertaining section on Inspirations and celebrations.
[Header and featured image credit: Inspirations & Celebrations; Recipe images c/o Elegant Affairs. This is not a sponsored post.]