Do you do these small businesses website errors without even knowing it? Make sure to go through this list and cross every item off your list!
Small Business Website Mistakes
- The first page is too hectic. You bombard your customers with too many offers or products right on the first page, it is just overwhelming to visit your website. Since you have so much to do, your website is running slowly and therefore your customers are leaving. Keep it simple, it’s best to separate the content into different areas and only highlight the key points on your homepage.
- Not enough information on the first page. Now you want to keep it simple, but you also want to keep it informative. Make sure to include information about your main offer, introduce yourself, add call-to-action buttons leading to a purchase, contact form, or lead generation page.
- The call-to-action buttons don’t stand out. Don’t make this mistake, make sure your buttons are clear, welcome, and easy to click.
- Very basic design. You might think that you aren’t in a position to design a professional website, but I bet you’ll be surprised how designing a website that looks great can actually be really affordable! Get in touch if you want to know more!
- No payment option available. I see this all the time – small business owners use their websites as a sort of business card to represent their offerings, which is by no means wrong, BUT you need to make sure you have options to payment available, so your potential customers can pay right away.
- Lack of contact information. You should make it easy for your visitors to contact you if they have any questions. It’s best if you even have your contact information on every page!
- Poor quality images. Pixelated images on your website are NEVER allowed. Never!
- Don’t think about your SEO score. If possible, start implementing at least some basic SEO rules from the early days. I personally like to use YOAST SEO plugin to stay on top of my SEO game!
- No page about. Believe me, people love to visit your about page. You might be surprised at the percentage of visitors who find their way there.
- Extremely slow loading. The longer your customers wait for your website to be noisy, the more likely they are to change their mind. Don’t let this happen to you! Make sure you optimize your website every now and then.
Now tell me, did you find yourself doing any of the things website errors?
PS A waitlist for my Website Launch Booster is now open! If you want me to help you get your website up and running in 7 days or less, be sure to sign up here >> !