How to decorate a cozy fall porch
Hi guys! It’s my favorite time of year… FALL! I love falling so much that at 34 weeks pregnant (when I should set up baby’s room # 2), I decorate my veranda instead. I need to clarify my nesting priorities, but anyway, I’m so happy with how my porch turned out. I actually didn’t know where to start and thought it might be overwhelming and expensive … but realized that it just takes a little inspiration and creativity with what you have that can do all the time. difference! So here’s how I did it!
Before going to the store, I spent some time researching online and looking at Pinterest to see what my vibe was going to be like. I highly suggest this so that you can start thinking about what you already have lying around. Also, try to find porches that look or come close to yours. For example, if you have stairs, search for porch stairs and see how other people have decorated theirs.
Here is a list of cozy things for fall that brought my porch to life:
1. Layered Door Mat – I totally stole this idea from Pinterest! I bought this “Thankful” doormat, but it looked a bit bare on its own. In our pantry I had this checkered indoor / outdoor rug and loved how it looked as a background color on the rug.
2. Lanterns filled with little pumpkins or flameless candles – Thought that was genius! We’ve had these lanterns forever, so it was a creative way to bring them into space.
3. Timber Wagon or Vintage Chair Moment – I walked around my house and started to see the key parts I had that might work. I’m actually very excited to take that old chair and vintage cart out and make something out of it since they’re lying around in storage. We bought them from an antique thrift store, but any wagon will do! You can even use a wooden milk crate, old bench, or hay bales and stack them with pumpkins.
4. Fun Little Signage – Whether it’s a fall or fall themed wood sign, or a sign like this that I caught in our house, adding a little signage to your porch can add personality and in my case let it be known that you can’t mess with Texas! 😉
5. Moms and Pumpkins – It really brought the porch to life! I actually had the Moms at our local HEB grocery store and the Pumpkins from Sprouts! I love having an assortment of cozy fall colors and there aren’t too many pumpkins. You will find a place for them, believe me!
5. Planters – Depending on what fall flowers you get, you can make them look super chic and expensive by putting them in cute planters that will dress up the space. I also like to add height and dimension by placing them on a small stool or milk crate! So cute!
6. Harvest Wreath – I found this wreath at Hobby Lobby (obviously wrong) but specifically picked one that can stay on the door during Thanksgiving. I love the way it is the centerpiece of the porch, so I tried to work all the colors and themes around it.
Hope this has been helpful! Now get out there and make your outdoor space as comfortable as possible! Purchase the item below xo