Creative uses of cannabis butter and wax
Edibles are the newcomer to the Canadian cannabis market, and if you’re a regular cannabis user, you might want to give them a try. Edibles are a great way to experience the effects of THC or CBD without inhaling smoke.
While there are different forms of edible products available in the market, cannabar butter is easy to use. You can cook your butter or buy premade. There are many exciting recipes to use in your favorite dishes.
Effects of cannabutter and wax
Cannabis butter is butter infused with cannabis, one of the most common ways to prepare your edibles at home.
Like all other edibles, cannabar butter also takes a long time to kick in, around 45 minutes to two hours. When you smoke, the active compound in the smoke enters the lungs and is absorbed into the bloodstream. It then goes to the brain. The time for this process is almost immediate so that you can feel the effect faster.
For edibles, including cannabutter, the infused active compound enters the intestine, travels to the liver from where it is absorbed into the blood. Therefore, it takes longer to get into action. However, if this is your first time, start with a small amount of cannabutter to determine how your body responds to it. Wait at least two hours before taking another dose. Slowly increase your amount.
Cooking cannabis butter
Cannabutter is unobtrusive, and once you master the process, you can quickly churn your cannabutter. To prepare it at home, take a baking dish and break the grass into small flakes. Preheat the oven, place the pan in the oven and bake the herb for 45 minutes or until it changes color to a deep brownish green. It’s called decarboxylation.
Now take a saucepan and mix the butter and water over very low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the decarboxylated herb and simmer for at least four hours. Keep stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn. Turn off the heat, strain the mixture and put it in the refrigerator. Your cannabutter is ready to use.
Alternatively, you can go for something prefabricated and buy cannabis butter and wax in California at any local cannabis dispensary. Pre-made cannabis butter is unsalted butter, which is infused with cannabis components. To make it at home, you need to activate the THC and CBD components of the dried cannabis flower and infuse it with butter. While the THC and CBD components are not water soluble, the fat in butter is a natural carrier of cannabinoids.
Weed brownies are the most common ways to consume cannabutter. However, you don’t need to limit yourself to potted brownies, but you can get creative and add more dishes to your menu.
- Sandwich with green eggs and ham: The easiest way to consume cannabutter is with cannabutter fried ham and egg. Start your day with this epic breakfast recipe. You will love it Recipe because it’s tasty, easy, and the easiest way to use your cannabutter.
- Peanut Butter Caramel Cookies: These classic peanut butter cookies are another great way to use cannabar butter in a creative way. Simply replace regular butter with cannabutter butter, and your caramel peanut butter cookies are ready. Just pay attention to the dosage if you replace regular butter with cannabar butter.
- Chocolate Mud Cookies: Give an epic grown-up twist to your favorite chocolate mud cookies! Combine cannabutter infused chocolate ganache, chocolate cookie crumbs of your choice and, of course, gummy worms.
- Broccoli and Cannabis Quiche: Another quick but delicious recipe is the Broccoli Cannabis Quiche, which you can cook in a jiffy for a quick lunch. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take a saucepan, melt the cannabutter and sauté the broccoli cubes, garlic and onion. Once the vegetables are tender, take the uncooked pie crust and place the vegetables on top. Add the grated mozzarella. Mix the milk and eggs, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes and your dish is ready!
- Infused Naan Pizza: Skip the preparation of the pizza dough and try using the naan as a crust! This easy recipe calls for brushed cannabar butter on top of the naan, topped with a dollop of marinara sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni.
- Ganjabutter Gnocchi: Much like regular potato gnocchi, but made with weed infused butter. Start by boiling the potatoes in the oven and mixing the olive oil, egg, baking powder, all-purpose flour, salt and cannabutter butter in another bowl. Next, mash your potatoes, then add the mashed potatoes to the flour mixture. Knead until you have a dough similar to bread. Cut your pieces of gnocchi, boil for a few minutes, drain, garnish with your choice of cheese and enjoy!
- Ribeye with chimichurri sauce: Double the fun with this recipe! Add cannabis leaves directly to a traditional chimichurri sauce recipe. Continue by garnishing a seared steak with cannabar butter before adding the chimichurri.
- Green macaroni and cheese: It’s not your regular mac and cheese dish, and not just because it calls for cannabutter – this extra green pasta is made with a pesto sauce! You’ll need a food processor to make this homemade pesto sauce with spinach, basil, parsley, garlic, Parmesan and milk. While the elbow noodles are cooking, make a roux with the cannabar butter and flour, slowly adding the remaining milk and possibly the cheddar cheese. Combine all the ingredients and transfer under the broiler until golden brown and bubbling.
What to cook
Cannabis butter is one of the easiest ways to try edibles when you first explore it. However, be aware of the dosage; Start with small portions and build up gradually to help you determine how your body responds to them. You can use a cannabutter calculator to determine how much THC, CBD, and the serving of cannabutter you should use.