Aldon Smith wanted for allegedly choking person unconscious in coffee shop


Aldon Smith played for the Raiders in 2015, but recently signed a one-year contract with the Seahwaks.
Picture: Getty Images

It’s not everyday that you see an NFL player on a Wanted poster. Newly signed Seahawks Aldon Smith wanted for second degree battery of an incident that occurred on the evening of April 17, 2021.

St. Bernard Parish District Attorney Perry Nicosia said Smith allegedly suffocated a victim in a confrontation that began at a cafe in Chalmette, Louisiana, and the warrant was signed by the court One day later, according to ESPN.

Sadly, this is far from the first time the 31-year-old has had legal issues. Smith was once on track to be one of the most dominant defensemen in the game, being named to the Pro Bowl in 2012 after registering 19.5 sacks with the San Francisco 49ers. He has since had a a lot of legal issues, including multiple DUI and drug-related incidents, criminal possession of an assault weapon, hit-and-run and vandalism, and violence-related costs.

Smith was out of the NFL between 2016 and 2019 due to numerous suspensions and the litany of legal issues he faced. Last year he was reinstated and signed a one-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys. He was productive, registering 5.0 sacks and starting all 16 games.

Just two days before his last alleged incident, which took place in the New Orleans area, Smith signed a one year contract worth up to $ 4 million to join the desperate Seattle Seahawks in the pass rush.

“We are aware of the reports regarding Aldon Smith. Aldon has notified us and we are collecting more information. We have no further comments at this time, ”the Seahawks said in a statement.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *