Outer Banks Season 2 Teaser Promises Action And Gold
For my Pogue family, our long national nightmare is over. External banks Season 2 will be released on Netflix on July 30.
It was only a matter of time before Netflix dropped the date for the new season. Season 2 production ended in April and exclusive photos released in mid-May. You had fans like me writing prediction articles as to when season 2 could air. My best guess was August 6, which means I was exactly one week off. Unfortunately, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
While my incorrect predictions are important, it pales in comparison to the footage Netflix has released for the upcoming season. According to my spirit animal, John B, they are “back in the G-game baby”.
I couldn’t be more excited for the return of the series. Last April, the world was not going well. New York, in particular, was a ghost town. You can walk around Times Square without Elmo, Iron Man, or Cookie Monster asking for a photo and a cash tip. Believe me, this is very rare for the City.
Anyway, I came across External banks thanks to the Netflix Top 10 list. 24 hours later I finished all 10 episodes and bought a pack of bandanas. You could tell I was obsessed. What can I say ? I’m a sucker for a teen drama.
As we get closer to the show, I’ll be providing a breakdown of the official trailer along with the Season 2 preview. For now, here are my takeaways from the 39-second clip.
– The Pogues still believe John B and Sarah are dead. It’s only a matter of time before the Pogues find out that John B and Sarah are alive in the Bahamas. Plus, JJ could be the van Gough of tree memorials.
– John B and Sarah settled in the Bahamas as evidenced by their clothing “Middle-Aged Man at a resort”. They’re looking for the gold Ward Cameron stole from the Pogues before shipping it to the Bahamas. Later in the teaser, the Pogue couple speed up on a Bahamian road as they are likely on the run from one of Ward’s associates.
– Are John B and Sarah leaving the freighter for the island? Perhaps. It could also be JJ, Pope and Kie since there is a third person in the motorboat.
– The romance between Kie and Pope is alive! Kie is also seen running away from an enemy. Life in the OBX will be as crazy as it is in the Bahamas.
– Beers for the boys?
– Rafe is a train wreck, and I can’t look away. Every person knows a Rafe in their life. He’s a spoiled, pretentious, drug-drenched guy who will sweat profusely at the bar as he orders shots for everyone in sight. The show needs more from Rafe.
Fast forward to July 30 where I don’t leave my apartment until the end of season 2. See you soon, Pogues.
Are you excited for Outer Banks season 2? Leave your thoughts in the comments below or tweet me, @danny_giro.